Monday, January 18, 2010

I have a dream too!

Today, we celebrate MLK Jr's bday! He had a dream and his dream came to fruition. Today, one of my many dreams has come true-this blog! I have always wanted to start a blog on beauty, brainy things and baking. I love makeup, fashion, and all things fabulous. I love reading, writing, poetry, motivational anything and spoken word. I love baking, creating and cooking yummy treats for my family and friends. Actually, I'll cook or bake for anyone. Just give me a reason, a deadline and I'm so on board! My dream is that this blog will inspire all of you out there to bake, create and/or just try something new. If you're anything like me, you will try anything once-doesn't mean it always comes out right, but hey, at least we tried right?

Yummy Cakebites!



Cupcake Pops anyone?




You can catch me whipping up new cakebite and cupcake pop creations, recreating my Great Aunt Willie Mae's red velvet cake recipe, or even walking through the beauty aisles of Walmart and Target trying out new lipstick and blush shades. I'm still looking for that right shade of bronzer to highlight my Blasian (I'm Filipino and Black) features! I love MAC makeup and I so love having my makeup done there for FREE! I love leggings and scarfs and just about anything that will make me feel fit and fabulous.

Here is a picture of me and my fiance during our recent Engagement Photo Shoot. My makeup was done FREE at the Nordstrom's MAC counter in the UTC La Jolla Mall (California).



closer shot of the lashes



here they are in color



Shout out to Chaz Cruz Photography for an amazing photo shoot and experience!
check out Chaz's work at http://www.chazcruzweddings.com/




Here is my first attempt at Great Aunt Willie Mae's Red Velvet Cake



Here is my updated version



Here is Aunt Willie Mae's Red Velvet in cupcake version



I love to encourage and support anyone with a dream. My latest shout out is to my amazing friends, Nana and Yuri Fujise, in Hawaii. On January 15, 2010, they made their dream come true by opening up seastar 8.4.23. It is a select women's clothing store that brings New York fashion to the gorgeous shores of Hawaii. Please check out their store by visiting http://www.seastar8423.com/. If you have a dream you'd like to share or a recipe you'd like me to try, I'd love to hear from you. Have a fabulous day and remember, it's always best to say it with cake!

5 comments:

  1. everything looks fantastic....great job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look great and the goodies look fantastic...great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks wewoods! you're always my biggest fan! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy- Your dreams and the woman you are will now and forever help women and men alike continue to dream and break out of their comfort zones! Thanks for always being you, I love you friend!
    Red Velvet- Having had the pleasure of seeing and tasting your delectable mouthwatering red velvet cake bites, I am a true fan. I give the recipe and design 2 thumbs up and a spot in my "Girlfriends cookbook"! Aunt Willie Mae's recipe & your panache and love for what you do, make this and all other recipes of yours a hit. From presentation, aroma and taste, its all there. the Icing melts in your mouth followed by the very moist cake,amazing flavor, its a fantastic wonderful ballet - tango, suprise for the palet! DELISH Catty Cakes..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mo. You are amazing! Thank you for your support and encouragement! I'll have some Red Velvet CattyCakes for you Thursday! I'm working on posting Aunt Willie Mae's Red Velvet Cake recipe with pictures. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete